We’re Alive!

Hello and greetings from West Wales!  I know it’s been a while since I last wrote but hey, sometimes life takes over.  Instead of listing a bunch of really valid excuses, I’ll just offer the following piece of advice: Don’t move across the planet in your first year of motherhood.  It’s really not a good idea!

As I haven’t written for such a long time, I’m not really sure where to start… or what you want to know first.  I think I’ll start with a quick run down of our journey since leaving Wellington and see how I get on.

First stop was the Marlborough Sounds which were just gorgeous.  We stayed in an awesome bach in a tiny hamlet called Sandy Bay on Kenepuru Sound.  The weather was pretty nice for October so we got in a fair amount of kayaking and also hiked several bits of the Queen Charlotte Track.


We then headed all the way up the North Island to see if we couldn’t get some surf for Aled and to see Gwyn and Nic and fam one last time. Although we had an awesome spot near Matai Bay, there was barely any surf for Aled. That was a big shame but we still made the most of the beaches.  Look!  Not one other pesky human on them.  Awesome.


Gwyn got us to the airport in plenty of time for the worst thirty-eight hours of our lives.  There’s Morgy in his bassinet having a grand old time while his sleep deprived parents tried to figure out how to eat airplane food and control an increasingly mobile infant.  He did great on the first two legs but lost it a bit on the last flight from Dubai to Heathrow.  I don’t blame him.  A ninety year old Nanna kept pinching his cheeks in delight when all he wanted to do was fall asleep.


We spent two jetlagged nights at William and Claire’s in Wokingham where Morgs met his first UK cousins. After sufficiently terrorising that household, we moved onto our final destination: Dinas Cross.

Nanna and Taidi welcomed us heartily and introduced Morgan to his new best friends:


Shortly after arriving, Simon and Kate turned up too so it felt like we hadn’t left Wellington at all…


And then it was Christmas…


See!  He is related to me after all.

Right, this blogging is exhausting.  I will stop for now and carry on again another day.

I hope this post finds you all well, wherever you may be.  By now you are all really scattered about the globe and I find myself wishing frequently that I could win the lottery, build a small, eco-friendly, Cotswold-like village and encourage you all to become my neighbours so I could see you more often.

PS — please bear with me as I get used to using Word Press.


3 thoughts on “We’re Alive!

  1. Hi Diane
    So great to hear from you and I love reading your blogs. Anyway, that’s good that you’re starting to settle down in Wales and you might be surprised to find Alan and I at your doorstep as we’re thinking of going to the UK for the Christmas holidays. Saw Pagan about a week ago, had a meal at Chow and a bit of a chin wag. At the moment, I’m still trying (operative word), to finish assignments (hate them, I finally realized!) and so un-motivated to do anything…Alan will start a permanent job in Oz next week, so I might not see him for, perhaps, two months. Got to go, more assignments to do, did I tell you I quit my job and just doing relief work? Hugs and kisses to Morgan and Aled!

    1. Hey Gina! Great to hear from you and yes, definitely come through Wales to see if us if you’re over at xmas. Would be great to see you. Hahaha hang in there with assignments!! I can’t wait to get my hands on some part time work (hopefully part time!).

      Big hugs
      Diane 🙂

  2. Fantastic site. Plenty of useful information here. I am sending it to some
    buddies ans additionally sharing in delicious.
    And certainly, thank you on your effort!

Comments are closed.